Visit the Netherlands: Where art meets charm
Visit the Netherlands and admire fields bursting with colourful flowers, landscapes dotted with age-old windmills and the romantic canals that wind their way around Amsterdam. Here, café culture, fine art and history can be experienced to the maximum. From celebrated Dutch masters and the country’s fantastic museums, to the political area of The Hague and more – there is always something new to discover here. Join us for a cultural holiday in the Netherlands and tour the world-famous Delft pottery studio, enjoy out-of-hours private access to Rembrandt’s House and gaze upon the amazing display of tulips at Keukenhof Gardens.
Country Information - The Netherlands
- Visa - British citizens do not require a visa to visit the Netherlands
- Currency - The currency of the Netherlands is the Euro
- How to dress - Most areas are relatively liberal. The weather can be changeable in the Netherlands so pack for different conditions
- Cultural Differences - The Netherlands is renowned for its liberal attitude. Prostitution and some drugs are legal and widely available especially in the capital Amsterdam. The Netherlands is particularly famous for its flowers and is a world leader producing tulips
- Language - The language of the Netherlands is Dutch
- Tipping - In the Netherlands, if a service charge is already added to the bill then tipping is not necessary. If a service charge is not added it is customary to add 10%.